Dr. Rang joined our faculty in September of 2004 after completing her fellowship in emergency ultrasound at Advocate Christ Medical Centre, Chicago, Ill. She coordinates our annual residents' ultrasound course and oversees their supervised scans. In addition, Dr. Rang teaches nationally with CAEP's Emergency Department Targeted Ultrasound Course and the Focused Sonography (FEDS) Course.
Recent Peer-Reviewed Publications:
- Olszynski P, Kim DJ, Chenkin J, Rang L. Members of the CAEP Emergency Ultrasound Committee curriculum working group. https://doi.org/10.1017/cem.2018.35. Published: CJEM March 19, 208, pp. 736-738. Print publication: September 2018.
- Bell, C, McKaigney CJ, Holden M, Fichtinger G, Rang L. “Sonographic Accuracy as a Novel Tool for Point-of-Care Ultrasound Competency Assessment”. AEM Education and Training 10.1002/aet2.10064 September 27, 2017.
- Murray H, Savage T, Rang L, Messenger D. “Teaching diagnostic reasoning using simulation and mixed practice to build competence.” CJEM (2017): 1-4.
- Gaspari R, Weekes A, Adhikari S, Noble V, Nomura JT, Theodoro D, Woo M, Atkinson P, Blehar D, Brown S, Caffery T, Douglass E, Fraser J, Haines C, Lam S, Lanspa M, Lewis M, Liebmann O, Limkakeng A, Lopez F, Platz E, Mendoza M, Minnigan H, Moore C, Novik J, Rang L, Scruggs W, Raio C. “A retrospective study of pulseless electrical activity, bedside ultrasound identifies interventions during resuscitation associated with improved survival to hospital admission. A REASON Study”. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2017.09.008 Resuscitation 120 (2017): 103-107 September 2017.
- Romolo G, Weekes A, Adhikari S, Noble VE, Nomura JT, Theodoro D, Woo M, Rang L, et al. "Emergency department point-of-care ultrasound in out-of-hospital and in-ED cardiac arrest." Resuscitation 109 (2016): 33-39.
- Atkinson P, Bowra J, Milne J, Lewis D, Lambert M, Jarman B, Noble VE, Lamprecht H, Harris T, Connolly J. International Federation for Emergency Medicine Consensus Statement: Sonography in hypotension and cardiac arrest (SHoC): An international consensus on the use of point of care ultrasound for undifferentiated hypotension and during cardiac arrest on behalf of the International Federation of Emergency Medicine Sonography in Hypotension and Cardiac Arrest working group: Gaspari R, Kessler R, Raio C, Sierzenski P, Hoffmann B, Pham C, Woo M, Olszynski P, Henneberry R, Frenkel O, Chenkin J, Hall G, Rang L, Valois M, Wurster C, Tutschka M, Arntfield R, Fischer J, Tessaro M, Bomann JS, Goudie A, Blecher G, Salter A, Rose M, Bystrzycki A, Dass S, Doran O, Large R, Poncia H, Murray A, Sadewasser J. CJEM 2016:1-12
- Gaspari, R, Weekes A, Adhikari S, Noble VE, Nomura JT, Theodoro D, Woo M, Rang L, et al "Ultrasound During Pulseless Electrical Activity Resuscitation: Increased Survival with Continuous Vasopressors for Severe Myocardial Insufficiency". Submitted to Academic Emergency Medicine Dec 2016.
- McGraw, B, Chaplin T, McKaigney C, Rang L, Jaeger M, Redfearn D, Davison C, Ungi T, Holden M, Yeo C, Keri Z, Fichtinger G. Development and Evaluation of a Simulation-based Curriculum for Ultrasound-guided Central Venous Catheterization. CJEM Nov 2016 18(6)
- Murray H, Savage T, Rang L, Messenger D. Teaching diagnostic reasoning: using simulation and mixed practice to build competence. Submitted to CJEM Dec 2016.